Make a bunny plushie with this easy free knitting pattern.
4 mm knitting needles
Double knitting yarn - grey / white
Red felt / red sewing thread / sewing needle
Plastic toy safety eyes
Black yarn / pink yarn for nose and mouth.
Main body - make 2 pieces
With 4mm needles and grey yarn cast on 20 sts
Start with a knit row and work in stocking stitch until piece measures 4.5 inches.
Cast off knitwise.
Bottom of body - make 1 piece
With grey yarn and 4mm (US 6) knitting needles cast on 8 sts (leave a tail of at least 12 inches for sewing up later).
K2, (YFON, K1) till end, K1
Work those two rows 5 times
Cast off in purl leaving another 12 inches tail for sewing up. Stitch centre opening closed so the circle is ready.
Arms - make 2 pieces
With 4mm needles and grey yarn cast on 8 sts
Start with a knit row and work in stocking stitch until piece measures 2 inches.
K1, K2 tog
Sew remaining stitches together and sew arm seam. Turn the right way out (using the end of your knitting needle)
Ears - make 2 pieces.
Using grey yarn cast on 8sts. Work 23 rows in stockinette (stocking) stitch, dec each end of rows 15, 19 and 23.
Change to white yarn and work 23 rows in stockinette stitch (starting with a purl row), inc each end of rows 2, 4 and 8.
Bind (cast off)
1. Stitch nose and mouth onto front piece of body.
2. Attach eyes / stitch eyes onto front piece of body.
3. Cut a red felt heart and stitch onto the front body piece using the red thread and a sewing needle.
4. Place body pieces together with right sides facing and stitch around leaving the bottom open. Place the arms inside and stitch into place as you go.
5. Turn the body the right side out and stuff with toy stuffing.
6. Turn upside down and place the circular knitted bottom piece into place. Stitch around and fasten off.
7. Attach the ears - stitch the ears into place on top of the head.